BAM Wegen (Roads), part of the royal BAM group, has the in-house expertise for almost any activity dealing with road construction. From design to actual construction, from management to maintenance. Moreover, BAM Wegen looks after projects dealing with the ground, sewage and environmental activities as well as noise reduction and area development. Comprising over 1700 employees and six locations in the Netherlands, the company wanted to improve the trip administration of working hours and travel time of field employees, not only because of big labour intensity, but also because reliability was of paramount importance. Adding to that, the increased pressure on being price competitive demanded a change of tactic.
At BAM Wegen, the information flow surrounding travel time and working hours is important for several processes:
- to calculate the exact compensation of the travel time/distance in accordance with the collective agreement of the construction sector
- for the subsequent calculation of projects based on time worked and traveled
- to prevent extreme working hours in the case of very urgent and time-sensitive projects, as in applying heated asphalt in order to make the roads use-ready in a more condensed time frame.
Travel time and working hours registration digitized
In June 2013, Fleet Complete delivered a system that digitizes the complete travel time and working hours registration of the field employees. The system automatically determined the travel time and processed this into a travel compensation in line with the collective agreement of the construction sector. It also registered the hours worked, per employee and project. As a result, BAM has at its disposal, without the intervention of drivers, a comprehensive trip administration for tax purposes.
Information linked to in-house ERP-system
Additionally, travel time and working hours information were linked to Metacom, BAM’s ERP-system. This ensured all working hour information was immediately available in Metacom for subsequent calculations. As well the travel time compensation information was immediately visible for salary administration. Fleet Complete’s software assesses the working hours based on the Working Hours Act. The project leader will receive a notification when employees exceed the working hours allowed so that this can be addressed immediately.
Get your Field Desk report at a set time via email.
FieldExport and FieldImport
- Receive your desired FieldDesk report by email at a set time. You can receive your desired report by email at a set time on a daily, weekly or monthly basis in a file format of your choice, such as pdf, RFT, CSV and TXT.
- As an example a report with the mileage driven, the exceptions, hours worked on a project, an overview of all active vehicles or any other report criteria that you would like to receive could automatically arrive in the email inbox of any specific email address at a set time.
Automatic registration of worked hours
- Simply: the time clock, reinvented. Time Tracker is the most advanced concept for recording travel time and working hours. Especially for businesses with mobile employees. From departure to coming home the activities are recorded, split over specific projects.
- Fully automatic and accurate down to the minute.